Translate

viernes, 5 de septiembre de 2014

Parents...

Have you ever had the sense that your parents don't get you?
Every teenager has had it and right know is happening to me. I have a boyfriend, and every time I ask for permission of my parents to go to his house or to something related with my boyfriend's family seems like I was asking for permission to go to a night club. It's frustaring because they've always recognize the good daughter I am, and how responsible I can be, but when it comes to permissions it looks like they have no confidence in me at all!!
My mother used to tell me all this excuses for not letting me go, and the worst thing is that they're so silly! And no matter what I do or what I say, she will always have an excuse planned.
The first time I asked my mom to go out with him and his family, the excuse she used was that we hadn't been together that long for me to go alone with them...okay, I couldn't say anything about that, she wouldn't let me go anyway. She'll also would say: "Take it easy, you'd just been together for 3 months, later on there would be more permissions". And now that we've been together for almost a year, she's still using the same excuse!! I really don't understand.
I know parents have their reasons, and I get that they feel the need to protect me and want to take care of us so nothing wrong happen to us. I think that they also need to show us that they trust us, because what my parents are doing is telling me with actions that they don't trust me, and as you can see this affects a lot, also because if they don't trust me how am I going to trust myself and believe that I can do things and have the ability to say no?

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario